While you are welcome to work with wood in our CNC areas, we also have a full assortment of more traditional woodworking equipment. Our shop is stocked with lathes, saws, a planer, jointer, routers, etc. Anybody can use the machinery, but before you do so for the first time we verify that every member is competent on them. This ensures safety for everybody and is a great way to introduce yourself to woodworking if you are unfamiliar with the equipment.
Education for Everybody
Our programming operates year-round on a rolling basis to provide direct access to science and technology. We encourage you to explore our programming and discover what opportunity would be best for you.
Interact at Home
You can view our educational content online, as well set up your local membership, book training and equipment, and RSVP to classes and workshops.
- B52 Bomber Automatic Astrocompass: Equipment Autopsy #104
- http://thegeekgroup.org/ - Slowly chipping our way...
- Winding a 12" Diameter Tesla Coil: Abbreviated Workday #56
- http://thegeekgroup.org/ - It's finally happening....
- A Message to You: Your Dinosaurs Are Wrong #21.5
- http://thegeekgroup.org - Steven and Elizabeth are...