Machine Time – 3D Printer
The 3d Printing studio is equipped with several different brands of 3d printers, all of which are a Tier-2 tool, which means you pay for the materials, but not the time used.
Online booking lets you book any major tool 1-8 days in advance. If you want to use this tool today, it is available first-come first-serve. We will let you know if somebody is scheduled to use that tool later in the day. There are several 3d printers and booking online does not guarantee a specific one. If your project has specific needs please let us know so we can ensure that printer is available for you.
- Filament starts at $0.15 per gram, up to $0.25 per gram
- Most of the filament is ABS plastic, but there is also PLA and some other specialty filaments
- There is a variety of colors available, but we cannot guarantee a specific color
- Most of the printers have a five inch cube workspace
- One of the printers has an eight inch cube workspace, but it can only print PLA (plan accordingly)
- Parts from the printers can all be sanded, glued, and painted – an easy way to build big parts
- Most of the filament is food-safe — ask us if this is important to your project