As has been true of every Geekmobile since we came to Kalamazoo, the only people we trust to paint our cars are the guys as Rushmore Autobody. Dan and his crew have done every paintjob we’ve ever had and they’ve been a huge supporter of the Group for nearly a decade. What is now our Vehicular Sciences Lab with hoists, workshops and a staff once began years ago after hours on Thursday nights at Rushmore. Dan would hang out with us until late at night and let us have a clean place to work on the Geekmobiles. He taught us how to use various tools, taught us skills and techniques, and exhibited great amounts of patience with a group of weirdo kids. We are eternally grateful to Dan Penn, Marilyn Martin, and all of the guys down at Rushmore for the incredible work they’ve done with us for years.
Education for Everybody
Our programming operates year-round on a rolling basis to provide direct access to science and technology. We encourage you to explore our programming and discover what opportunity would be best for you.
Interact at Home
You can view our educational content online, as well set up your local membership, book training and equipment, and RSVP to classes and workshops.
- Overhauling the High Voltage Lab: Abbreviated Workday #57
- http://thegeekgroup.org/ - It took several months ...
- B52 Bomber Automatic Astrocompass: Equipment Autopsy #104
- http://thegeekgroup.org/ - Slowly chipping our way...
- Winding a 12" Diameter Tesla Coil: Abbreviated Workday #56
- http://thegeekgroup.org/ - It's finally happening....