– Take proper precautions to protect against and prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal data and information;
– To refrain from sharing, selling or allowing any type of access to your data by any third party, excluding The Geek Group for marketing or promotional use;
– Protect any sensitive information entered in to our application both online and offline;
– Use encryption techniques, where applicable, to further protect any data entered into our application by our users;
– Refrain from granting access to any personal information to any employee of The Geek Group, for any purpose other than when absolutely necessary to perform a certain job related task, such as your membership information.
DATA COLLECTED FROM USERS. In order to operate The Geek Group website and provide our users with products and services that may be of interest, we may collect personal information or demographic information about our members.
The Geek Group may use your email address and other personal information to communicate with you regarding your activity on the site. The Geek Group may also review all demographic data of its users and use said information to tailor our site and communications to your interest.
DATA COLLECTED FROM DONORS. The Geek Group does not sell, trade, or share donors’ private information with other organizations.
If you do not wish your information be shared outside of the organization, a note must be made during the donation or put in writing, which can be as simple as an email. We respect your desire for anonymity.
The Geek Group website uses SSL encryption and a third-party credit card processor (Stripe) to ensure security of transactions.
USE OF DATA COLLECTED. The Geek Group will use and process the information entered by users and collected during the registration process. This data will be used in the following ways:
– To improve The Geek Group website for its users;
– To identify additional programs or applications that may be desirable to users of The Geek Group;
– For the marketing purposes, such as to identify companies to advertise through the application;
– To communicate administrative or technical assistance information to users;
– To investigate disputes between members or complaints by members using the application; and
– To operate The Geek Group website and optimize its performance in ways that are beneficial to users.
DATA DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES. The Geek Group may share information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors or other third parties; however, this is only demographic type information. No user-specific information will ever be shared with the above referenced parties without your express written consent.
There are certain circumstances under which we may be required to disclose data about you, as a user of The Geek Group site. You also have the right, at any time, to request full disclosure of all data being used and/or stored about you by The Geek Group. We may disclose your data, without additional consent to vendors and services providers who are working on behalf of The Geek Group in response to legal requests such as Court Orders and subpoenas; in connection with a merger, bankruptcy or sale/transfer of the assets of The Geek Group to another company; and to protect the rights of The Geek Group and/or the general public. Data will also be released to any party you designate, if such designation is done in writing and bears your signature to indicate your consent to the disclosure.
DATA STORAGE. The Geek Group will retain user data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for business purposes, in accordance with the record retention policy of the state of Michigan, or best practice standards for non-profit organizations.
INTERNATIONAL USERS. The Geek Group is a United States based website. As an international user you are hereby agreeing to allow The Geek Group to apply the same privacy, data storage and data disclosure policies as those which apply to US based users.
QUESTIONS. If you have further questions about this policy or other specific privacy concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
This policy was last updated in April 2018.